The Columbia Group provides test and evaluation (T&E) planning and management expertise, based upon DoD Instructions for programs of record and equipment acquired through the rapid acquisition process. The principal objectives of test and evaluation are to provide essential information to decision makers so they may assess a system’s attainment of technical performance parameters, operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and safety. All of our T&E efforts are fully integrated with the program’s Systems Engineering Management Plan.
Our T&E Team provides support through all phases of systems test and evaluation including coordination with all T&E stakeholders.
During system development we:
- Facilitate and coordinate test events
- Prepare and coordinate test documentation, including the Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Assess and monitor compatibility, interoperability, survivability, vulnerability, and supportability
- Estimate Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM)
- Evaluate effects of configuration changes
- Assess human factors and identify limiting factors
- Assess technical risk and evaluate program tradeoffs
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of technical documentation
During and after Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) we:
- Facilitate and coordinate program office IOT&E preparation and support
- Review and assess IOT&E reports
- Support post-IOT&E corrective actions
- Facilitate and coordinate additional operational testing
The Columbia Group has provided test and evaluation planning and management support for ACATs I through IV programs.
We are prepared to provide Test and Evaluation Planning and Management services to non-DoD customers based upon our knowledge and experience within DoD programs.